Thursday, October 26, 2006

Mighty mares

Two blogs in one day. I'm spoiling you. Amateur psychiatrists among you will spot my avoidance tactics. Two features still to write, foals to identify and burn onto a CD and packing to do and, guess what, I'm arseing around on the internet. Oh, and I also pulled Milly's mane ahead of her first run tomorrow. Let's hope she's as bossy with Aidan O'Brien's four runners as she was with me this morning. Little monkey.

Anyway, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I was inspired by something Dickie posted on John's blog. He mentioned the fabulous Sunline. So sorry never to have seen her in the flesh but a feature in her prime when I was still at Pacemaker was enough to secure her a special place in my heart. What a brilliant racemare she was, let's hope she turns out to be a great broodmare, too.

So I am, herewith (War 'n' Place will like that word), starting a list of mighty mares. For personal reasons Desiree (pictured) is at the top and I would have to include this year's Burghley winner Headley Britannia but as for the good racing girls, here goes:

PRIDE (capital letters - she's worth it)
Dawn Run
Makybe Diva
Sunline
Lady Rebecca
Attraction
Soviet Song

Come on you bloggers and posters, let's have some more suggestions...

1 comment:

Scotch Pie said...

OUIJA BOARD

Enough said.